Wednesday, November 24, 2010

workworkworkworkwork

You know that feeling when you are working so hard on something like a million assignments, but after 4 whole days of working you still don't feel like you have accomplished anything? Well......... That is me at this very moment! I can't hardly see straight from staring at the computer screen for so long. But its just before midnight, so that means I probably have another 2 hours of work ahead of me.
I think I have come up with a strategy.
When you have a mountain of stuff that needs to be accomplished here's what I recommend doing:

-Make your "To Do" list as detailed as possible. If you have 9 of the same type of things to do, don't list them as one task. Make each one significant. That way when you finish one, you can feel the accomplishment of marking something off your list.
-Have some variety to your work. If you have a 3,000 word summary to write, don't try to finish it all at once. Break it up with some smaller task like writing out chapter key terms or a lesson plan.
-Pace yourself! be sure to give yourself plenty of time to accomplish everything you need to, but don't rush through it and do a sloppy job.
-Stay focus. 'Nuff Said. This one isn't easy. If it was, I wouldn't be writing this blog right now.
-Perseverance, Perseverance, Perseverance. You WILL accomplish everything. Just hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. The Girl with Two PlannersNovember 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM

    Thank you for writing about my life. I feel validated as a person knowing that someone else is going through the same struggles. I appreciate your advice and will be sure to implement some of these strategies into my life in the future.
    Again, thank you for your sage words of comfort and insight.

    ReplyDelete