Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sequences & Consequences

Today was kind of rough.
School was intense
and one of my friends was not getting along with me. I'm not sure what set our discourse into motion. I am pretty sure it was something that I said. A lot of times I have trouble saying things that I absolutely do not mean. People who know me really well learn to just look past those things. Some people don't know this, and they think I am serious about what I am saying to them. When really I am just being dumb. So, I am sorry for the things that I have said and will say. I do not mean them, most of the time. Well, I felt like a jerk.
I decided to go carve pumpkins with a friend, and what happens? I slice my thumb wide open. It still is bleeding profusely. I guess that is a natural consequence.
So, tomorrow I have to teach a reading lesson. Well, instead of preparing for that I carved pumpkins. Now, I have been scrambling, trying to pull something together to teach the kids tomorrow. The subject is sequencing. Which is where students arrange a story in order that it happens. Pretty simple, right?
Gentle readers, don't let the sun go down on your wrath. Be quick to forgive, and quicker to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment